Twitter is a great platform when it comes to expressing yourself. But not only does it help in expressing but also serves as a great platform for many companies who wish to market their products and celebrities or officials who want to put some important information out there. In the case of these companies, it would not make sense if they suddenly switched their account to private, however, for those individuals who want to stay low-key with what they tweet and want it to be private then there is certainly a way via which you can do so. In this article, I will show, how you can make your Twitter account private. So, stick to the end.
How to make your account private on Twitter: Desktop
In order to create a Twitter private account on Twitter, here are some steps that you need to follow:
- Firstly, log in to your Twitter account on your desktop by opening it in a browser.
- Then, click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen and select “Settings and privacy” from the drop-down menu that appear on your screen.
- On the left side of the screen that you are now direct to, click on “Privacy and safety.”
- Next, scroll down to the “Tweets” section and check the box next to “Protect your Tweets.” This will make your Twitter account private, so only your approved followers can see your tweets.
- Once you have checked the box, a pop-up will appear asking you to confirm that you want to protect your Tweets. Click on “Protect my Tweets” to confirm your action.
- With this, your Twitter account is now private, and only your approved followers can see your tweets. If someone who is not following you tries to view your tweets, they will see a message saying that your account is protect.
How to make the Twitter account private: Mobile
- Now, the first thing that you have to do is open the Twitter app on your mobile.
- Then, tap on your profile picture in the top left corner of the screen to go to your profile page.
- Next, tap on the three horizontal dots in the top right corner of the screen and simply open the Settings menu.
- In the Settings menu, you are require to tap on “Settings and privacy.”
- Then, tap on “Privacy and safety” and scroll down to the “Tweets” section and toggle on the “Protect your Tweets” option.
- A pop-up message will now appear on your screen asking you to confirm that you want to protect your tweets. Tap “Protect” to confirm.
- With this, your Twitter account is now private, and only your approved followers can see your tweets. Regenerate response
One thing you have to remember is that current followers won’t be impact if you make your Twitter account private. Your tweets will still be visible to them, and you can keep sending new ones as usual. However, if a non-follower tries to view one of your tweets, they must first request to follow you, and you must approve their request before they can do so.
I hope now you know how to make a Twitter private account. For more such articles, do follow Ityug247.com.
Get 812 High DA Quality Backlinks to improve your off page SEO service. These backlinks will help improve your website’s ranking on search engines. click here to go website.
Looking to get your work published on high-traffic websites? Look no further – our guest post service can help you get your content in front of a large audience. Click here for more info